“As good as or better than.” We prefer better than. With integrity, clarity and vision, North American minimizes disturbance to land, vegetation, water, air, natural habitat and surrounding communities. We partner with our customers to responsibly permit, mine and reclaim the land – ending in boots-on-the ground, cost-effective environmental offset solutions.
Our reclamation and restoration operations are subject to internal standards that often exceed state and federal environmental laws.
We know the challenges of today’s mining operations. And that includes water treatment. Using advanced technology and experience, we provide our customers with just the right solutions for protecting and restoring water quality during and after mining operations. We work closely with regulators to ensure compliance with the Clean Water Act and all local, state and federal regulations.
Abandoned Mine Services
For sites that have been abandoned, we can help get the mines reclaimed economically and efficiently – from managing the project to recontouring the land and restoring the natural habitat.
- 20 Excellence in Surface Coal Mining and Reclamation Awards from the Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement, including:
- The Reclamation Hall of Fame Award
- The Best of the Best Award
- Director's Award (twice)
- Good Neighbor Award (twice)
- 19 Environmental Achievement Awards from the Texas Railroad Commission
- 6 Excellence in Surface Coal Mining and Reclamation Awards from the North Dakota Public Service Commission
- Federal environmental awards from the EPA, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and President's Council on Sustainable Development